- This is a prize draw for a copy of The Ritz Cookbook and a drink at Rivoli Bar atThe Ritz. To enter, please stay subscribed to the Cookbook Confidential newsletter until 14th January 2019.
2. The winner will be selected at random from the entries received in accordance with these terms and conditions by Octopus Publishing Group, whose decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
3. There is no purchase necessary to enter.
4. The draw opens at 16:00 GMT on Friday 14th December 2018 and closes at 16:00pm GMT on Friday 11th December. Any entries received outside these specified times and dates will not be eligible for entry into the competition.
5. The winner’s name will be published on the Cookbook Confidential newsletter on Friday11th January. The winner maysee their name and their entry posted on the Company’s newsletter,
website and on other websites and social media accounts.
6. The prize draw is open to residents of England, Scotland and Wales aged 18 or over except employees of the Company, their families, or anyone professionally connected to the competition either themselves or through their families.
7. Only one entry per person allowed. Second or subsequent entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted via agents, third parties or in bulk.
8. The Company is not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
9. The Company reserves the right to alter the prizes or cancel the prize draw without notice but will try to avoid creating any undue disappointment. No cash alternatives to prizes will be provided. If a Winner is unable to accept their prize or cannot be contacted, the Company reserves the right to select another winner.
10. The Company will make available the name and county of the winner to anyone who requests this information by writing to the Company at the address shown below.
11. The Company is the data controller of Personal Data that it collects in the course of running the prize draw and will use the Personal Data in accordance with theCompany’sPrivacy Notice. It will use such Personal Data for the purposes of running the and delivering any prize(s) and will delete it after a reasonable period from the end of the prize draw. “Personal Data” means names of entrants and other details provided by them (e.g. email addresses, telephone numbers) for the prize draw. The Company will not share such Personal Data with any third parties except for the purpose of delivering the prize(s).
12. Where entrants have opted-in to receive communications from the Company, the email addresses of entrants will be used by the Company in accordance with its Privacy Notice to send news about books, products and promotions and to invite entrants to participate in surveys. Entrants will be given the option of opting out in those emails if they don’t want to receive any further communications.
13. Where entrants have opted-in to receive communications from companies within the Hachette UK group of companies (“Hachette Companies”), the email addresses of entrants may be shared with the Hachette Companies but will not be shared with other companies outside the Hachette group. It will be used by the Hachette companies in accordance with their PrivacyNotice(s) to send news about their books, products and promotions and to invite entrants to participate in surveys. Entrants will be given the option of opting out in those emails if they don’t want to receive any further communications. A list of the Hachette UK companies is at https://www.hachette.co.uk/assets/HachetteGroup/GDPR/HachetteUKGroupCompanies.pdf
14. By entering the prize draw entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
15. This competition is being organised by Octopus Publishing Group Limited of CarmeliteHouse, 50 Victoria Embankment, London EC4Y 0DZ (“Company”).
16. These terms and conditions and any disputes or claims (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of these terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England, whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
17. The Ritz communicates that the drink at Rivoli Bar for the winner and a plus one is subject to availability and can be claimed between January 2019 and March 2019 (inclusive).
18. Price does not include travelto and from Rivoli Bar
19. The prize is supplied directly by The Ritz and neither the Company nor any other member of the Hachette group of companies makes any warranty or claim in respect of it or accepts any liability whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise howsoever in respect of the prize itself. If an entrant or the winner has any questions about the prize or its suitability for them, they should contact The Ritz Hotel.